Here’s a piece of advice from one traveler to another wanderlust. At any point of time in your life, take a trip alone so you do not miss out on the opportunity to discover something new about yourself. If it’s your first trip by yourself, it is natural to feel the jitters. What if something goes wrong? Will I be able to manage all by myself? These are the questions that can bog you down and deter you from taking the first step.
What should you know if you have no one but yourself for company? Here are some travel tips so you can take the much-awaited trip on your own.
1.Fear not! – It is all in your mind. One of the biggest deterrents is fear. The thought of treading new lands can leave anyone dazed. Remember, you are not the first person to travel alone. You are not going to lose yourself in a labyrinth of trails. For assistance, you can talk to other travelers or local people and move along.
Several travelers have made their way safely around the world, and so can you. There is nothing to fear as long as you set about with a positive frame of mind and you have all the necessary tools at your disposal.
2. Ditch the guidebook- For once give your local map or guidebook amiss and watch how exciting things can get. You will come across a hole-in-the-wall café, an off beaten path that leads to a bistro or a watering hole. To get latest updates, go the conventional way and ask information from locals. They are the best guides and will have sound knowledge about the best hotel or tourist spot.
Remember, life is not an instruction manual and it is alright to travel the way you like.
3. Travel at ease- When you are on a group package, you have to hurry through things and manage to cover all the 20 cities in a short span of 15 days. This is too much of a rush, and you have managed to see all the places without enjoying the moment.
Take your time to visit the museum or rent a bike and travel through unknown pastures and land. If you are in a countryside, enjoy traditional breakfast at a local’s home or sip coffee and watch the day unfold itself slowly.
4. Make friends- On your solo trip, you are bound to make new friends. Exchange contact information with each other so you can keep in touch with them even after your trip comes to an end. With the introduction of social media networks, it will not be difficult to plan a trip together with your new-found friend.
5 .Less is more- Imagine traveling the countryside lugging at your heavy luggage. Always pack light and buy a small bag so you do not fill it with unnecessary items. If you need anything on the go, there are stores that will help you out.
6. Enjoy the moment- Instead of planning your day and abiding strictly to the itinerary, why not go with the flow? Plan few activities for the day, enjoy local food and stay in the hotel room at night. You get a good chance to explore local places, understand the culture and you have a less stressful experience.
7. Carry cash- Do not stack your wallet with wads of currency notes. Take whatever is required, including a traveler check and your credit or debit card with you.
Keep these simple travel tips in mind, pack your bag, and you are all set to discover an exciting journey that lies ahead.